Arab and International Police Department Tasks:
- To develop and enhance security efforts between law enforcement agencies and member countries in the General Secretariat of the Arab Interior Ministers Council/ General Secretariat-INTERPOL to fight against crimes through exchanging security and intelligence information as well as exchanging of experiences.
- To pursuit fugitive criminals internationally by coordinating with security agencies worldwide.
- To circulate individuals wanted by Arab and foreign countries via international notices, temporary arrest requests and messages received from National Central bureaus and liaison divisions.
- To pursuit individuals wanted by our local authorities through Criminal Prosecution Department , liaison divisions in other countries and also through General Secretariat- Interpol and Central National Bureaus in the Member countries.
- Organize and follow up on the criminal records of wanted individuals who were circulated and referred to justice. Thus, follow up on extradition files related to these individuals as well as to pursue their cases with judicial authorities and advise the requesting countries with the decisions taken against them.
- To pursue arrested Jordanian nationals' cases through liaison divisions abroad.
- Coordinate and follow up cases with other countries and take appropriate actions for the purpose of extraditing individuals.
- Receive complaints, inquiries or any other requests submitted through diplomatic channels.
- Prepare, arrange and coordinate between law enforcement agencies for the purpose of participation in conferences, meetings and seminars that are held within the general secretariat of the Arab Interior Ministers Council , Naif Arab University for Security Sciences, General Secretariat-INTERPOL . then, archive the participations and follow up on the implementation of recommendations issued after holding these meetings and conferences.
- Offering an international databases (nominal data, stolen and lost travel documents data, and biometric data).
- Follow up on statistical questionnaires and brochures. Then, forward them to the relevant authorities, and turn them back to the requesting authorities after filling them with the required information.
- To provide the competent law enforcement agencies with an updated international analysis of organized and emerging crimes in order to employ it in developing national strategies and security studies.
- To prepare and train the employees at the department and at the Public Security Directorate as well as strategic partners from law enforcement agencies in Jordan through holding specialized workshops coordinating with the General Secretariat- INTERPOL.
- To perform any other tasks assigned by the Public Security Directorate.
- To raise individual and institutional performance of the Arab and International Police Department using modern techniques and advanced technology that exceed the expectations of service recipients.