Transparency and Human Rights Bureau
1. Receive complaints and grievances from citizens about abuses and malpractices made by the staff members of public security directorate.
2.Investigate in complaints duly and present the investigative papers to the justice consultant for conducting the necessary legal action.
3. Review the complaints received by the competent human rights and complaints offices in police departments to issue a decision which stipulates the prevention of prosecution for the staff-members of PSD by their directors or the police court in order to present the investigative papers to the justice consultant or transfer the papers to the director of public security to take administrative action.
4. Prepare statistical study for the complaints received by the Bureau and present them to the public security director to take necessary actions.
5. Publish periodical brochures for the PSD units including such information about some of the malpractices as directed by the public security director for awareness, guidance and advisory purposes.
6.Manage records, files and the necessary restrictions, follow-up the complaints and inform complainant and prepare the necessary statistics.
7. Carry out any work required by the Bureau as ordered by the head of complaints results, inform the complainant to make necessary statistics .
8. provide official bodies and non-official organizations dealing with human rights work such information related to the nature of Bureau work and respond to any other inquiries.
Phone # : 5656409