The main duties
Traffic department follow the in the organizational structure of the Public Security Directorate (PSD) , in addition to implement General Duties of the Public Security Directorate, as set in the law, the Department is implementing a total of special duties, had been assigned to achieve the objectives for which the department was established, AND assigned the implementation of the following duties:
* Application of traffic law and the implementation of all the regulations and instructions issued by it.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of public policy to regulate the traffic and transport in the United Kingdom in cooperation with the concerned authorities.
* The control and regulation of traffic and transport inside the cities.
* The investigation of traffic accidents, and the schemes of Cricket
* adjust and edit and update traffic offenses committed.
* The collection and data and statistics on accidents and traffic violations.
* The preparation and implementation of education programs to raise awareness of all sectors of society, and supervising the work of the agents of the traffic safety.
* Traffic plans of regulation, supervision and control over the routes taken by the official PROCESSIONS and celebrations of the sit-ins.
* The formulation of appropriate solutions to the technical and engineering on the roads, and study the sites that frequently by traffic accidents, in collaboration with relevant actors of the relationship and competence.
* The duties of public security under the Public Security Act.