مديرية الأمن العام تكثف الانتشار الامني منذ بدء سريان قرار الحظر الشامل ومتابعة التزام المصلين بتعليمات الصحة العامة *** توسيع نطاق الحملة الامنية لتطال تجار المواد المخدرة ومروجيها . *** مديرية الأمن العام تعقد مؤتمر للاحتفال بالذكرى السنوية العشرين لقرار مجلس الأمن رقم 1325 ***

Borders Centers

 The Hijazi Railway border center

The Hijazi Railway is the symbol which was connected to the history of Jordan  since it was related to the great Arab Revolt  in addition to the Hijazi railway buildings in Maan city where King Abdullah Bin Al Hussein – May God rest his soul – palace is located. 

Pilgrims Caravans from Damascus to Madinah and Makkah took 40-50 days , pilgrims had so much  dangers like robbery or natural catastrophes. All that pushed Sultan Abd Al Hameed to think  of establishing Railway connecting Makkah  and Madina to Damascus.

In 1900 , Sultan Abd Al Hameed lunched his message to all Muslims at that time to collect donations for establishing the railway.

The Jordan railway section of Hijazi railway was established during the period 1902-1905, after independence in 1948, the Hijazi railway was transferred to ministry of transportations – Hijazi railway Department.

On 1/4/1954, manager of passports was appointed and followed to the ministry of interior in 1959, the first division of public security directorate was established in 1973 , before borders and residence department came to life. 

Amman Civil Airport Borders Directorate 

Amman Civil Airport Borders Directorate : it was established in (1952) at north Marka/Amman, on area of (2.750000) meter2. It is first airport was created in Jordan. Amman civil airport borders directorate is followed to  borders and residence department. It is considered to be  the main location for air operations of Royal Jordanian Company and the only air  border center for arrivals and departures. Because of the Economic development over the 1970s , Queen Alai Airport was established on 25/5/1985, civil Amman airport became the branch being followed to Queen Alai airport.  

On 2/3/1999, Amman international airport became independent section for passports till 20/8/2008, it was promoted to be directorate followed to borders and residence department. 

The airport receives SOFEX and operations center for Al Ajneha Royal air companies, Arab air wings and other companies, so that  4 air academies were established to train candidates pilots.   

 

Civil Amman airport borders directorate provides services to all travelers via well qualified personnel. The airport witnesses increasing tourism, commercial and international flights in addition to peacekeeping operations flights carrying human aid to crisis areas.  

Queen Alia Airport borders

Queen Alia Airport was established in 1983 to the south-east of Amman on area of 1600 Acres to be alternative of civil Amman airport / Marka. The aim beyond this was to avoid noise of planes from the center of Amman. The new airport includes two travelers buildings, loading building, airstrips. Travelers building contains two halls for arrivals and departures accordingly.  

 

Jordan Valley crossing

On 9/11/1994 , Jordan valley crossing was established in north valley on the East Bank of Jordan river. It was opened on 13/11/1994 after peace agreement on 26/10/1994 between Jordan and Israel. 

King Hussein airport passports section

At the beginning of airport work in 1972 , capacity didn’t exceed 11-150 thousands. The current capacity is one million person on 22 Km2 area. 

The airport meets all international airport standards, it receives different types of planes at military and civil domains. 

By the implementation of new work plan, agencies in the Hashemite kingdom of Jordan attracts tourism from EU (Finland, Germany, Belgium, Austria, France, Britain, Hungary, Italy, USA) the good hospitality of Jordanians plays the role of enhancing the services provided to tourists via good infrastructure and service facilities without any obstacles.    

Two halls were opened to receive arrivals to Aqaba and the departures to Amman, the halls equipped with all facilities. In 2002, the airport was

named " King Hussein international airport" . Royal Jordanian is the operating authority of the airport. 

 

 

Wadi Arabah Crossing

The peace agreement between the Hashemite Kingdom   of Jordan and Israel state was signed on 8/8/1994. Under the royal decree, Wadi Arabah crossing was opened to the North-East of Aqaba, 9 KM crossing point between both states. On 11/11/1994, the crossing point was opened for travelers.  

 

Aqaba  Port Passports Section

Aqaba Port borders section was established in 1985, passenger terminal was opened under the Royal Decree King Hussein Bin Talal – God May Rest His Soul – to be the sea connection point with Egypt. 

Aqaba-Nuweiba sea line included two ferries named "Farah and Al-Hussein" , new ferries were introduced for carrying passengers and vehicles in addition to the trucks only.

Development is continuing to separate arrivals and departures and opening new entrances and exits in addition to organizing service facilities.  

 

Durra Passports Section

The establishment of this section dates back to 1966 after  borders adjustment with Saudi Arabia. The section became police station and border center for the population of Aqaba and Saudi Arabia. The crossing between two states was authorized by the local mayor of Aqaba and Haqel city. In 1988 , the border center was developed to Durra border section receiving travelers from all nationalities. Because of the development at all domains, staff members have been doubled to facilitate travelers transactions. Visitors have the chance to write their own suggestions and notes while visiting the section during the period 1967 – 2006.     

 

Mdawrah border center

The directorate before the year 1979 was called Mdawrah passports section. It had the location of current Badya police location about 15 km to the north of current border center.

In 1979, the directorate had been transported from the old center to the new one. The new location was named Mdawrah border branch on area of 150 Acres.

1985 , the name was changed to Mdawrah border directorate. 

Al Emery border center

The work at the center began in 1976, Badya forces command and Borders Guards unit took the duty of registration for arrivals and departures.

In 1977 , Al Emery passports branch was established and followed to the foreigners affairs department.

In 1979, Al Emery borders directorate was opened. The old building of directorate was rebuilt having the area of 260 Acres.

In 2001, a tender was issued by the Ministry of Public Works with (11) million dinars on an  area of (450) Acres to the north-east of the borders and included a building for passports, customs, civil defense center, building for services and health clinic and parking lot for coming and leaving cars. After completion of the first phase and the work  at new building started on 9/6/2005.

Al Karama borders center

The Karama border center is located to the north-east of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.

It is about 360 km from Amman.

The Work began at this center on 4/11/1991.

The Royal Decree was issued on 2/9/1992 to name the border center as Al Karama border center.

The area is about 800 Acres.

On the Iraqi side, the center meets the Traibeel border complex. 

Jaber borders center 

It was established on 1991 in the village of Jaber which is about 90 km from Amman the capital with an area of 2867 Acres. 280.000 km2 were used for buildings and streets. The work began at the center on 1/9/1997, arrivals and departures using their own vehicles or public transportations were received at the center , in addition to the coming trucks. The center was updated by adding buildings for arrivals, departures with all services provided. 

Ramtha Borders center

It is one of the oldest borders centers in the kingdom locating at the northern side in front of Daraa borders. It is located about 80 km from the capital with an area of 294 Acres. Over the 1980s , it was called Ramtha passports section but 1970 , it was transferred to the current location . at the end of 1978, the name was changed to Ramtha borders directorate. 

 

 

Borders and Residence Department

 

Copyright Reserved   Public Security Directorate