Duties and objectives
General objectives of command and control system:
PSD aims by applying of command and control projects to contribute in achieving strategic objectives approved for PSD representing as the following:
First: - reducing the crime rate, detection of offences perpetrators, and to promote feeling of security and safety to the members of the community.
Second: - Decreasing traffic accidents ratio to control road safety effectiveness and efficiency of prohibitively high.
Third: - raising the efficiency of human resources and developing it at all levels to become a highly skilled professional force.
Fourth: - technical and administrative consolidation and modernization, and modernize the infrastructure of PSD.
Fifth: - using strategic approaches to achieve objectives efficiently and effectively.
Direct operational objectives of command and control projects:
- Updating the current command and control system, which its operational life is nearing completion.
- raising the capacity of police members to deal with the daily accidents and emergency events.
3. promoting participatory relationship with CDD within a unified leading framework of allows to improve the level of the joint field performance.
4. raising the level of coordination and cooperation with the concerned authorities in managing incidents and events in Jordan.
5. systematic process to receive emergency calls and the process of responding to accidents.
6. keeping pace with global developments on the command and control systems and take advantage of them.
7. strengthening police capacity in imposing security presence and control over areas of jurisdiction and on the roads in Jordan using related modern techniques.
8. strengthening the controlling and supervision police field units and raise its capabilities.
9. unification of the available numbers of emergency services to the citizens.
10. treating the negatives exist with regard to the process of receiving emergency calls and incident response and improve the quality of emergency services provided to citizens and make it more professional.
11. raising the level and the ability of infrastructure related to PSD (communication networks, information systems).
12. creating logistical, administrative, procedural and technical alternatives that contribute to the continuity and enhance the existent of command and control capabilities in all circumstances.
13. Preparation of a command and control system suited for integration with the relevant initiatives in Jordan such as the National Crisis Centre and the project of command and control in Jordanian Armed Forces.
14. enhancing the transparency of PSD measures while handling and contact with citizens.