- Protect the public security staffs from exposure to the extremist ideology threats.
- Mentor the extremist ideology developments at the international and Jordanian scene, and develop plans to fight and combat the extremist ideology.
- Dialogue with the owners of extremist ideology and bring them back to the proper way in order to rehabilitate them to ensure a moderate behavior.
- Spread a moderate thought in accordance with the legal concepts based on educational, moral and religious values.
- Ensure the safety of the media that broadcast to citizens through local media, and observe its commitments to the moderate approach.
- Build community base rejects extremism through cooperation networks with formal and informal civil society institutions.
Community Peace centre Duties :-
- Monitor the extremist ideology developments, study and analyze information related to it, in addition to study the dangers and challenges that prevent achieving the community peace principles.
- Develop the lecturer skills involved in application programs and participate them in specialized courses.
- Prepare specialized programs for youth and young groups.
- Coordinate with all parties and joint work to crate common grounds for dialogue between formal and informal civil society institutions to fight extremism.
- Know the local councils recommendations at security centers and follow up what contributes in achieving the centre's objective.
- Bring qualified and experienced staff to work at the centre.
- Cooperate and coordinate with correction and rehabilitation centers in the field of fight extremism programs.
- Hold dialogue with the owner of the extremist ideology, and coordinate with official bodies, and civil society institutions to hold seminars and workshops.
- Contribute to spread pluralism, tolerance and dialogue culture rather than deportation and intellectual terrorism.
- Consolidate the citizenship concept as a source of rights and duties to fight and combat extremism.
Target Groups :-
- Public security staffs in general, and the correction and rehabilitation centers staffs in particular.
- The inmates at the correction centers who have extremist ideology.
- Youth from different groups ( universities, and school students, the members of the cultural and social clubs ).
- The employees of the public and private sectors.
- Civil society institutions, governmental and non-governmental organization and international bodies.
Center's work mechanism :
- Put the executive action plan which includes activities and programs to achieve the center's strategic goal, and set priorities through analytical study of the extremist groups and their places. In addition to, identify the period to implement these programs and the implementation partners.
- Identify the curriculum awareness material, and prepare the lecturers guide fit with the target group ( military, universities and school students, and rest of the society)
- Train public security officers ( special branch, Iftaa and public relations ), and prepare them as lecturers specialized in educational lectures against extremism.
- Take coordination measures to insert combat extremism topics within the awareness activities which carried by public security directorate in cooperation with relevant ministries and educational bodies.
- Review the mechanism of the local councils work at the security centers to activate its role in various fields and focus on combat extremism.
The centre implement its duties through the following field :-
- Preventive field: through monitor the developments in the field of extremist ideology, study and analyze information related to extremist ideology, in addition to study the danger and challenges that prevent achieving the community peace principles.
- Coordinate with all parties and joint work to create common ground for dialogue between formal and informal civil society institutions to fight and combat extremism.
- Reformist and qualifying field: through dialogue committees and execute the dialogue program with inmates at the correctional and rehabilitation centers to correct the legal concepts.
- Media field: through issuing specialized and periodic sheets to clarify the negatives of extremist ideology in order to fight and combat the extremist ideology and published it through different medias.
- Create a website for the community peace centre.