Article ( 1 ) :-
This law is called ( anti-Terrorism law of the year 2006), and will be effective as of the date of its publication in the official gazette.
Article ( 2 ) :-
The following words and expressions shall have the following denotations wherever they appear in this law unless otherwise indicated :
The kingdom : The Hashemite kingdom of Jordan.
The prosecutor General: prosecutor General of the state security court.
Security authorities: any official authority specialized in security in accordance with legal provisions.
Terrorist Act: any deliberate action committed by any means, leading to killing or physically hurting any person, or causing damages to public or private property, or to the means of transportation, the environment, the infrastructure, or utilizes of international organization or diplomatic missions, and aimed it breaching public order and jeopardizing the safety and security of society, obstructing the application of the constitution's provisions, affecting the policy of the state or the government, or facing to perform or refrain from performing a specific deed, or disrupting national security through intimation terrorization, or violence.
Taking into consideration the provisions of the effective penal law, terrorist actions are prohibited and the following acts are considered part thereof:
- Performing any direct or indirect act towards providing or collecting or raising funds for the purpose of committing a terrorist act, while being aware that they would be entirely or partially used for this act, and whether or not this act was actually performed inside the kingdom or against its citizens or interests abroad.
- Act that subject the kingdom to danger of hostile acts, disturb its relations with a foreign state, or expose Jordanians to danger of acts of revenge against them or their money.
- Recruiting people inside or outside the kingdom to join groups that aim at performing terrorist acts inside the kingdom or against its citizens or interests abroad.
- Establishing a group, organization, or society with the aim of committing terrorist acts inside the kingdom or against its citizens or interests abroad, or joining such a group.
- Any information system or network that facilitates terrorist acts, supports or spreads ideas of a group that undertakes an act of terrorism. or subjects Jordanians or their property to danger of hostile acts of revenge.
- Possessing or handling in any way dangerous materials or weapons or working with them to use for terrorist acts or unlawfully.
- Attacking the king or his freedom, the queen, the crown prince, or a guardian of the throne.
- Any act committed with the intent to provoke an armed rebellion or changing the constitution in an lawful way.
- Forming a gang with the intent to commit thievery or infringe on people or money.
- If the prosecutor general received reliable information indicating that a person or group of persons are connected to any terrorist activity, the prosecutor general can issue any of the following decisions:
- Impose surveillance over the residence of the suspect, his movements, and his means of communications.
- Prohibit any suspect from travelling.
- Search the place in which the suspect in presented, and confiscate anything connected to terrorist activity in accordance with the provisions of this law.
- Impose precautionary seizer of money assumed to be connected to terrorist activities.
- Any decision issued in conformity with paragraph (a) of this article shall be valid for the duration of one month.
- The suspect has the right to protest at the state security court about the decision issued against him according to paragraph (a) of this article, and the state security court in turn must make its decision within one week of his application. If the protest was rejected the suspect has the right to appeal again within three days of reporting the decision within one week of receiving the appeal.
- Decisions of rejections issued by the state security court after a case is referred to it can appealed by the suspect before the court of cassation within three days of his receiving the decisions. The court of cassation has to make a decision about the appeal within one week of receiving it.
notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in any other legislation, anyone who becomes aware of the existence of a terrorist scheme, or of any information connected to a terrorist activity within the kingdom or against its citizen or interests abroad, must report the prosecutor general or the security authorities.
any person who knowingly presents false, misleading, or fabricated information to the security authorities about a terrorist action shall be punished by detention for a period varying between six months and three years, or by paying a fine not less than one thousand dinars and not exceeding three thousand dinars, or by both penalties together.
- A person who commits any terrorist act shall be punished by temporary hard labor as the following :-
- Destroy or damage a building, industrial institution, or a ship, or plane, or any means of transportation or any other facility.
- Deactivate the ways of communication, and the computer systems or breach the networks.
- A person who commits any terrorist act shall be punished by death as the following :-
- If the terrorist act causes a death.
- If the terrorist act causes destroy abiding if someone was inside.
- A person who commits terrorist acts stipulated in paragraph ( a, b, c, d, e ) in the article (3) of this law shall be punished by temporary hard labor, and a person who commits terrorist acts stipulated in paragraphs (h,l) in article (3) of this law shall be punished by temporary hard labor for a period not less than (10) years.
- A person who commits terrorist acts stipulated in article (3) of this law shall be punished by temporary hard labor.
- A person who commits terrorist acts stipulated in paragraph( C ) in the article (3) of this law shall be punished by temporary hard labor.
- A person who commits any offenses stipulated in article (3) of this law shall be punished, whether the crimes or offences were committed inside or outside the kingdom.
- A person who conspires to commit any offences stipulated in this law shall be punished.
- A person who violates article (5) of this law shall be punished by detention for a period not less than three months and not exceeding three years. The punishment shall be doubled in case the violator is a civil servant.
- A person who commits any terrorist act shall be punished by temporary hard labor for a period not less than (5) years.
Article (8) :-
The crimes stipulated in this law shall fall under the jurisdiction of the state security court.
Article (9) :-
The prime minister and the ministers are entrusted with implementing the provisions of this law.