Duties of the Anti-narcotics department
- Arresting suspects and preventing illegal cultivation of drugs in addition to preparing reports and statistics about narcotics problem.
- Raising awareness regarding to narcotic problem via awareness lectures at schools, universities, youth centers and TV programs.
- Supervising the treatment of addicts based on Article 14 of the Law on Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances No. 11 of 1988 and in coordination with the Ministry of Health and the development of the mechanism of treatment using the experiences of developed countries
- Activating international cooperation at field of anti-narcotics by maintaining contact with liaison officers in the region and beyond and taking advantage of the developments that have taken place in this field.
- Follow-up cases related to counterfeiting of cash and crimes against the Ancient Monuments.