• In the field of legal service
• In the field of social service
• In the field of psychiatry service
• Preventive programs and services
In the field of legal service
2. Work on the settlement of disputes in resolving cases committed by juveniles and spared the traffic circle of litigation and resort as much as possible to use the measures is deprivation of liberty and taking into account the child's best interest.
3. Work on reforming juvenile offender re-integration into society and be involved in the conversion programs for averting repetition in the future.
In the field of social service
1. Juvenile Police Department of Social Development office where he is working as social workers and observers and specialists trained to deal with juvenile offenders and those in need of protection and care through behavior.
2. conducting interviews with the juveniles and the preparation of social studies, reports and case management in order to identify the delinquency and develop treatment plans, rehabilitation and social reintegration of factors.
3. Implementation of field visits to see the reality on the ground and follow-up cases.
4. Provide specialized social counseling programs to modify the behavior of juvenile offenders and their reintegration into society.
5. provide care and protection for juveniles who need them through the provision of alternative solutions or placed in foster care and rehabilitation of the Ministry of Social Development, civil society organizations, while finding appropriate solutions to them.
In the field of psychiatry service
1. Convert juveniles to the psychiatrist as needed and through social development office
2. Diagnosis and examination of juveniles psychologically by a psychiatrist who specializes Managing Director of the National Center for Mental Health, and appropriate to the situation and make necessary follow-up psychological and medical reports.
3. Make a subsequent psychiatric care through the referral of juveniles to the medical centers specialized psychological and follow-up mechanisms.
Preventive programs and services
The problem of juvenile delinquency are not limited existence on the people without the other, but the difference comes in how to deal with this problem, and how to devise Preventive and therapeutic means to reduce this problem, especially since the community is aware that young people are the national wealth of a people of peoples, and therefore there is a group from Preventive programs pursued by the juvenile police Department, which aims to: -
1. multi-hazard awareness to the problem of juvenile delinquency through community outreach in various media print and audio-visual and awareness lectures in schools and local community development through Preventive and awareness programs studied in partnership with the local community.
2. Preparation of scientific studies to monitor the causes and gather information that will be useful in the study of deviation factors and methods of Prevention and work to create a database of specialized juveniles issues include the analysis of environmental, social and family circumstances to them and the factors that led to violating the law.
3. participation with those working in the care of juveniles in the curative and Preventive programs aimed at protecting juveniles by participating in the work of local and international workshops and conferences related to the protection of juveniles mode.
Forums branch of the Department
There are many police juveniles centers follow
the Police Department of juveniles (north of Amman, Amman city center, and Mafraq) and other two branches in the Zaatari refugee camp, and in Al-Azraq camp.