1. Implementation of laws, regulations and instructions relating to the affairs of foreigners.
2. Supervision of border posts.
3. Issuing annual and temporary residences.
4. Collection of the financial fees stipulated in the Law on Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
5. Organization of monthly and annual statistics (numbers of arrivals and departures, temporary and annual residence, financial collections, deportees).
6. Take legal action against persons (Jordanians or foreigners) required by security or judicial authorities when coming or leaving.
7. Follow up foreigners who violate the law of residence and work and take legal action against them according to the law.