- In 1964 the " Director office " was established at public security directorate its main responsible was saving the directors confidential mail.
- In 1966 the office was named " public relations office " its main responsible was following up the refugees affairs at the kingdom.
- In 1967 the office was called " private office " to follow up the personnel affairs, and the section was established in each police directorate.
- In 1979 the office called " special branch office "
- In 2004 the office called " special branch department "