Like other countries in order to face this problem, the Jordanian experience based on many styles and ways with a view to addressing the problem of juvenile delinquency, reduction and control of the causes and effects through the development of laws, and to improve procedures in dealing with juvenile delinquents, and upgrade the services provided to them, and the training of cadres client with juvenile and other efforts in this side, depends on that, the authorities concerned it has taken the initiative to deal with the juveniles of the governmental and non-governmental institutions to implement a number of projects and has taken many steps in this area, including: -
1. the project of children care and protection in the field of criminal justice (2002 2003) resulted in the issuance of Noor training manual for personnel involved with the juveniles.
2. Juvenile Justice Project was carried out during the years (2003-2004) and resulted in build of the multi-institutional capacity- in the field of dealing with juveniles, where they been training for more than 140 police officers and advisor on the principles of juvenile justice as well as the deployment of community awareness about the negative effects of juvenile delinquency as well to sign an agreement between the Ministry of social development and the Directorate of General Security which was created special offices in the security centers to deal with juvenile delinquents.
3. restorative justice for juveniles project which was carried out during the years (2004-2006) and resulted in the construction and preparation of the national team for training on restorative justice and a training manual for this purpose, in addition to the study the introduce of the principles of restorative justice and punishments is deprivation of liberty in the Jordanian legislation with a view to search for alternative ways to combat crime.
4. Reform of the criminal justice system for juveniles project in Jordan during the years (2006 2007) and resulted in the amended version of the law to the law of juvenile in line with international covenants and conventions on juvenile offenders and children in need of care and protection, in addition to build professional working capabilities with juvenile where they ware training a group of judges, police officers, probation officers on the principles of juvenile justice.
5. The development of the criminal justice system for juveniles in Jordan, the project was carried out during the years (2007, 2008) and resulted in the capacity building of a group of judges, police officers, probation officers to do the international standards of juvenile justice, including training on transformation programs.
These projects were implemented by the concerned government authorities related to the judiciary, police, social development and their partners from civil society organizations and relevant international organizations.
In implementation of the Royal highest visions to pay childhood and women sectors prominent attention, which was juvenile through the Speech from the Throne in front of the National Assembly and the sayings of His Majesty King Abdullah II Bin Al Hussein, may Allah protect him.
((Here it must be pointed out that women and childhood sectors need more care and attention through programs and legislations that protect the rights of these sectors and elevate the level of care provided to them))
To keep up with these projects and to build on the efforts of the various institutions concerned, compassionate Director of Public Security made a decision on 21 \ 3 \ 2011, to establish the juveniles Police Department and to be linked with the assistant of the judicial police, and began its work early in 2012, so anxious to provide the best legal reform and human services in accordance with the national legislation and international standards, where the Jordanian experience based on many styles and roads with a view to addressing the problem of juvenile delinquency, reduction and control of the causes and effects through the development of laws, and to improve procedures in dealing with juvenile delinquents, and upgrade the services provided to them, and the training of personnel dealing with juveniles and other efforts in this area, and the authorities concerned have taken the initiative to deal with the juveniles related to the judiciary, police and social development of governmental institutions and their partners and non-governmental institutions of civil society and relevant international organizations to implement several projects and has taken many steps in this area.